1) What was your research question/what problem were you trying to solve?
Our research question was “what citrus fruit has the most voltage?” We were trying to see if we could use these fruits as a power source when electricity isn’t available.
2) Why was this an important topic to investigate
As stated in my last answer, we were trying to see if the fruits could be used in greater amounts as a power source.
3) What research have you already done? Did you already collect data? What did you find out already?
We first researched how to make the batteries, then we made our own citrus batteries out of three fruits. We found that an orange has the least voltage, and a lime has the most volage.
4) How did you plan to set up your investigation? What materials were you planning to use for your experiment? What are the step-by-step instructions to conduct your experiment?
The materials we used were:
- Step One: Squeeze the fruit without breaking its skin by rolling it on the table.
- Step Two: Use the knife to cut a small slit in the middle of the fruit.
- Step Three: Insert the penny into the slit.
- Step Four: Insert the nail into the fruit.
- Step Five: Insert the clips of the multimeter beside the penny and the nail into the fruit.
- Step Six: Record the voltage in a table.
- Step Seven: Repeat for all fruits
5) Did you connect with an expert/adult to help you with your experiment?
We borrowed the multimeter from Ms. Mehai.