1) What was your research question/what problem were you trying to solve?
Our research question was “what citrus fruit has the most voltage?” We were trying to see if we could use these fruits as a power source when electricity isn’t available.
2) Why was this an important topic to investigate
As stated in my last answer, we were trying to see if the fruits could be used in greater amounts as a power source.
3) What research have you already done? Did you already collect data? What did you find out already?
We first researched how to make the batteries, then we made our own citrus batteries out of three fruits. We found that an orange has the least voltage, and a lime has the most volage.
4) How did you plan to set up your investigation? What materials were you planning to use for your experiment? What are the step-by-step instructions to conduct your experiment?
The materials we used were:
- Step One: Squeeze the fruit without breaking its skin by rolling it on the table.
- Step Two: Use the knife to cut a small slit in the middle of the fruit.
- Step Three: Insert the penny into the slit.
- Step Four: Insert the nail into the fruit.
- Step Five: Insert the clips of the multimeter beside the penny and the nail into the fruit.
- Step Six: Record the voltage in a table.
- Step Seven: Repeat for all fruits
5) Did you connect with an expert/adult to help you with your experiment?
We borrowed the multimeter from Ms. Mehai.
“The saddest aspect of life right now is that science gathers knowledge faster than society gathers wisdom”
– Isaac Asimov (author and biochemist, 1920-1992)
I agreed with this quote the most because I like his way of thinking. A real-life example of this is people only believing facts rather than hearing other peoples opinions. People are able to access whatever facts or information they need with the internet, rather than taking the time to learn the information fully. Science gives us the ability to learn information with research and hard work, while society is able to obtain the information easily after all of the hard work has been done. I also picked this quote because it could be interpreted in different ways. It could either be about literal information, or a metaphor for the way people judge and have opinions on each other. People are quick to judge each other based on opinion or things that they hear about them, and not fact.
“Life is too short to focus on the things you hate, focus on what you love instead.” – Felix Kjellberg
This quote reminds me to stay positive and not let bad times bring me down. I think of this quote whenever I’m having a rough day and instantly start thinking about things that make me happy. It also reminds me to stay peaceful, avoiding anger and conflict.
Butterfly by LOOΠΔ
This is my favourite video because both the song and video have a lot of meaning. The song itself is about embracing who you are and flying high enough to reach your goals/dreams. The video highlights a diverse group of women and personally, gives me a lot of motivation. The video also shows the creative choreography that goes with the song.
Welcome to your brand new blog at Port Moody Sites.
To get started, simply log in, edit or delete this post and check out all the other options available to you.