My science fair research question was “How will different materials put in slime change the attributes of the slime?” We chose this topic because a lot of students nowadays gets a lot of stress either from work, home, or school, and we thought that it would be a good idea to create slime. We (Mohit and I) have never made slime in our lives, we thought it would be kind of like a challenge for us to make slime, and also make different batches of different slime to test out the overall best stress relieving slime. We created four different types of slime and we tested out which one was the best using a table/chart that we created, and also what the majority of the people at the science fair enjoyed the most. We used different types of material to create the slime, for example, we used borax solution for the first batch, liquid starch solution for the second batch, borax, shaving cream for the third batch, and liquid starch, shaving for the fourth batch. We used 50 grams of glue for each batch, and the slime that contains shaving cream gets an additional 50 grams of shaving cream in it. The table/chart (Showed in figure 1) that we created to measure and compare which slime was the best, was by seeing if the slime has a stretch to it, seeing if it was brittle, how long it took for the slime to fully dry out, and by the texture of the slime. We thought that the slime that most people would enjoy the most is batch#4, but we were wrong during the science fair majority of the people went or Batch#2 or 3 and completely ignoring Batch#4 which was surprising. This proved that what we think that might be the best actually might not be the best and it is all people’s reviews that really matter.
Science Dream House Project:
We made this house mainly out of cardboard that Kai and I brought. Some other materials that we used were: Double-sided tape&Clear tape that (Kai brought), and Coloured paper that Harold brought from home.
We decided to create an exotic home that most likely nobody would think of, and we thought of the idea of creating an upside down house. We thought of making the house two stories high, and the upstairs section having three rooms (a bathroom, and two bedrooms), and the downstairs has two rooms (Kitchen, living room)
For our circuit section, we wanted to meet everything on the criteria sheet, so we used a parallel circuit to light up the kitchen, a complex circuit to light up our living room, a series circuit to light up the outside of the house, and a creative circuit (Light up all rooms) to end it off.
- We thought that creating the roof after all of the circuits were installed would be a good idea because this way we can ensure that we can conceal most of our wiring and it would be easier to install all of our circuits into the house. Painting the house was pretty straight forward, but it was important to us that we take our time to paint because we don’t want anywhere to have a bald spot. We ensured that that wasn’t going to happen by double layer painting our house. To reinforce wall cardboard backings we hot glued the back of the furniture to the wall giving it a solid connection between our decorations and the walls. What we found out while hot gluing the furniture to the wall was that, connecting cardboard paintings to the walls using hot glue made the painting look a lot more realistic and more convincing. ko