It June 2020! We are 6 months into 2020, 1/2 through the year. The last 6 month have been… eventful to say the least. Around the globe we have seen quite a few distinct events that will be some for the history books. In my last post I reflected on the Covid-19 situation and how it was effecting me back in March and April. Since then the situation has evolved, changes have been made (locally and globally), and we have continued living.
We have all, in some capacity, tuned in to the numbers. Some believe is that only thing stopping us from bouncing back to a pre- pandemic world, the numbers of cases. Here are some numbers and dates I have personally been aware of:
- It has been 102 days since I took notice of all of the changes, and 81 days since my last post
- March 13th the last day of school before spring break , last time my friend and I went out together (Day 0)
- March 14th the last day my family went out to a restaurant (Day 1)
- June 4th the first day I went back to physical school (Day 83)
- June 20th the first day my family when out to a restaurant again, and the graduation of the Class of 2020. (Congrats!)
- June 27th the first day of official summer break
The working title of this post was “Returning to School amid a Pandemic”. I had planned on posting this as a reflection on returning to school, but I only attended one of three possible days, and it was quite uneventful. Aside from heavy social distancing and cleaning procedures, it was very quite and I was exceptionally productive. (I don’t know what that says about my self-motivation.)
With classes officially finished for the 2019-2020 school year, I missed my chance to post about going back to school. Instead, I am taking the opportunity to appreciate all of the effort that everyone has put in to make the last few months work in spite of all the challenges. It’s also a time to congratulate every one for making it through the year, and sending well wishes for a safe, healthy and restful summer.